Sunday, November 15, 2009

Where We Are Now

I have a new girth for the dressage saddle--to replace the "girth from hell" (no roller buckles); stirrup leathers (daughter wants mine); and, finally, a used Treadstone bridle, since other daughter says endurance halter/bridle combo is not "appropriate" for my dressage lessons. Note: I cannot find a noticeable difference between the really really inexpensive ($25 new on e-bay) and this bridle which retails for $100 +.

Finally, I bought us a really, really, nice sheepskin half pad at the RamTap Horse Trials last weekend (older daughter was suitably jealous) that is machine washable and vouched for! I guess we're ready to roll!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! i love when you get the new gear ready for the new ride season! Hmmm, its about time i do it again for my season, plus i wore quite a bit of stuff out this year!

    Good luck, hopefully we will both make it to tevis next year!

    just an FYI to step #7 on your list, u may want to think about the Cuyama Oaks Pioneer ride in march. Sandy schuler (21 tevis finishes) recomended it to me and said she uses it to get her horses in shape as it is a hard ride :)

    Zach Rabow
    zachrabow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a great ride. I went twice and really enjoyed it each time, but I've never done all three days. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete