Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vacation Time!


I'm getting ready to go on a vacation with my nearest and dearest, leaving the little one, and not-so-little one, and the definitely big ones, behind this time. (Boy, it has been a loooong time!)

While on the 3,000 mile trip I'll have a lot of time to read in the car and am taking with me Tom Ivers' "The Fit Racehorse" (I couldn't afford "The Fit Racehorse II) and "Racehorse Owner's Survival Guide." These books are just filled with solid training and injury prevention and rehab information, and the writing style is very personable. I just get lost in the technicalities easily. I believe this is going to be one of those books that I will have to paraphrase, line by line, in order to take it in and understand it.

So, expect to hear from me August 24!

2 comments:

  1. You didn't tell me you were going on a vacation???? Good for you!

    I think you leant me the fit race horse book by tom ivers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Fit Racehorse II if you'd like to borrow it. Going to DVE or the Coso(DV Warmup) rides? As long as I get it back :).

    ReplyDelete