Monday, August 3, 2009


After returning from watching the Tevis, yet again, I am determined to set the 2010 Tevis Cup Ride as my goal. With 364 days to prepare I certainly should be able to get there. There is no reason for failure to at least start--I have a suitable horse, suitable training ride areas nearby, suitable moral support from friends and family, and a flexible work schedule with (just) enough disposable income. So, a list of things which must happen in the next 12 months is what I need now.


I am a goal-setting person who does not enjoy huffing, puffing, and sweating for its own sake. To get me up, I need a goal. And, the only physical activities which seem to provide a greater amount of enjoyment compared with the level of exertion, involve horses. In other words, if horses are not involved, I'd just as soon read a good book. So, I have rather a challenge to get into the kind of physical shape which the Tevis demands. But, without the challenge of the Tevis, I might just sink into a blob eventually. So, perhaps, subconsciously I've chosen such a goal out of recognition that the quality of life in later years depends a great deal on one's physical condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment