Monday, August 10, 2009

Uhh Oh----


Well, had my farrier out on Saturday to trim "Hope" and told him to do do a really good job, 'cause Hope was headed to the Tevis this year. Sunday, the horse couldn't stand up on some gravel! He does have very very flat feet, and I guess the trim just put too much pressure on his soles. He usually is a little tender-footed after a trim, but this! I gave him some Bute and strapped on some Old Mac boots on his fronts to give him a little protection. He's getting around fine in the pasture and not laying down, or keeping weight off of one foot, so I'll keep a careful eye on him and discuss it with my farrier. Perhaps he's one of those horses that really needs to be rasped every couple of weeks.


On the brighter side, my endurance "soul sister" visited and we got to go on and on about the Tevis and endurance without anyone else getting bored. I got my "fix" and it should last me awhile. My spouse will be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment