Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So far, so good . . .

I'm off to a good start, the 40-minute Pilates workout, and the gym yesterday. I'm doing 2 miles on the treadmill keeping my heartrate at the "fat burning" level for my weight/age. I get it done in about 40 minutes including warm-up and cool-down, usually at an elevation.

Some thoughts on cardio theaters at gyms: I think they get all those flat screen televisions free from the advertisers! Out of the 10 screens, at least half of them are showing a commercial at any one time. And, when I go to work out, one will be showing a food show, 2 will be showing a home improvement type of show, 2 will be showing news and 2 or 3 will be showing psuedo-news, 1 will be a card show or some other game show, finally, if there is a real show on, the sound won't work. It is novel for me, however, since I don't have any television reception where I live and so have not watched television at home for a dozen years.

On the other hand, right now I could ride as a Featherweight only if I did the Lady Godiva thing--naked and bareback! Well, it's a start . . . .

1 comment:

  1. Ha! the lady godiva comment made me snort coffee through my nose.

    Hey - you could actual gain featherweight status, only to have the tevis scale weigh heavy by 10 pounds, and realize you could ride as a lightweight by 8 pounds according to that scale...

    I can't wait until November when I can redo my goals!

    ReplyDelete