Friday, September 11, 2009

Hey Hey Hey! Lesson 1

Actually, I've had a few lessons with this trainer before, but this was my first official personal lesson! And, the second time only, in my life, in an official English saddle! It was amazing how much more comfortable I was than the last time, about 2 months ago. That first time the seat was okay, but my feet and legs felt like they were hanging at the end of a spagetti! It probably helped that my Pony Club daughter rode Hope a few times--probably 15 since I owed her $150 towards her clothing allowance. My trainer even commented, several times, on what a nice working trot Hope was showing.

Sad to say, before we started I was thinking he was going kind of odd in the rear and daughter told he that's how he always went. I was thinking maybe I could get out of this lesson until I worked a little more with him. So, it was a really pleasant surprise to have the lesson really work out, even going over a crossbar with a flower box! Just like the Pony Club D1 riders!

Of course, daughter was taking a simultaneous lesson and went over some nice bounce jumps. Her horse was sweatier than mine. We will repeat this every Friday evening as long as both trainer and I am in town.

By the way, the horse with no job is looking good! Good good good! If all goes well, he may stay another month. Maybe next Friday, smart ass ... woops, I mean, precious daughter, will ride him!

No comments:

Post a Comment