Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Plodding on. . . .

Went for a nice ride with number 1 son. I used the chance to ride with a novice to do the steep mine road and down the back side. It was a nice 4 hour 12 mile ride that we all enjoyed. I'm varying quick fast rides with daughter with slow long steep rides with hubby and son. This time I used the Easy Boot Bares. They obviously were adjusted too large but it's such a pain in the a** to adjust them on the horse--and I can't adjust them to fit before I install them. I figured, correctly, they'd stay in place for walking.

I'm looking forward to the next dressage lesson with Aniah. I've not felt 100% comfortable about the fit of the Thorowgood dressage saddle and was looking for a used Thorowgood T4 Dressage (since they're new, fat chance) or a used (same price or more than the Thorowgood T4) Wintec Isabell with CAIR panels. Finally got one on e-bay and hoping it gets here before Friday. I can't find out what gullet it has installed, so may have to order another.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...those T4's are nice huh? I wouldn't mind adding a broadback T4 to my collection....

    Good luck at the dressage lesson. it will be interesting to compare notes. We worked on the dreaded canter transition to the left today. Only took 3-5 times to get on the correct lead as opposed to the gazzillion 5 hundred times it took last night on my own.

    ReplyDelete